Friday, September 2, 2011

Peds: day 5

I think I caught my first cold from the little buggers.  Either from them, or my roommate who has a pretty nasty cold/sinus infection that she caught during her OB/GYN orientation at the beginning of the week.   Between feeling like crap and closely watching the tropical storm over the gulf coast, I'm feeling pretty awful about this weekend.  I am supposed to be driving out to spend the weekend with my girlfriend when I get off call at 3 which I have been so excited about all week.  However, right now, I have no idea how I'm going to manage the drive when all I want to do is sleep.

2 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Bus? Girlfriend drive to you?

physician activist in training said...

She couldn't find a last minute dog sitter in order to come here, plus I was afraid of being contagious. I ended up staying home and spent all weekend sleeping: boring and a bummer to not see her but exactly what I needed. We will hopefully spend next weekend together though!