Sunday, December 5, 2010

post conference blues

I spent the weekend in a hotel filled with activist medical students. It was insightful, inspiring, and empowering. It also gave me a glimpse of what my future career as a doctor might actually look like. I bonded with classmates, reconnected with old friends, and made new ones. I will be blogging much more about it in the days to come.

The plane landed back home an hour and a half ago, returning me to my reality. I leave these conferences empowered yet also impatient and discouraged. I already miss being around so many like minded peers. I am back in the conservative south and back to the demanding life of medical school. I am also overwhelmed with all that I have to accomplish in the next 2 weeks before winter break, and needing to start my step 1 studying. Most importantly right now is my mph paper that is due at 12pm tomorrow. High-ho, high-ho, it is off to writing I go!

p.s. This weekend also reminded me how happy snow makes me! Yes, I know, this (along with many other things) makes me weird.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

Liking snow doesn't make you weird. I LOVE snow! it makes me incredibly happy too.