Sunday, February 13, 2011

My new goal:

is to either do a marathon (at least half) or triathalon by the time I graduate from med school... A bunch of my classmates ran this morning and made me realize how much I WANT TO DO IT TOO! I want to be that cool! I'm totally falling for peer pressure, as well as a desire to do something substantial while creeping through my education.

The complication is that I'm very much a swimmer and not a runner. I'm not quiet sure how to breath on land! When to start, where to start?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do it with you! Not that we can actually train together, but I think there'd be a way to virtually train. I'm gonna start with a half marathon first...

Poopalontatist, MSW said...

I think that med school makes people want to put more ridiculously difficult challenges in front of themselves. :-) I like the Jeff Galloway program, esp for a first marathon/half marathon. (That's what I used.) You'd probably love doing a fundraiser program like Team in Training or AIDS marathon-- such great camraderie. Good luck!