Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11 things I'm thankful for in 2011: MS3 edition

11. The PxDx app on my smart phone that lets me log actual patients on the go instead of having to make them up at the end of a rotation.
10. The MyFitnessPal smartphone app that is allowing me to not gain weight while living off crappy hospital food.
9. Protein bars & peanut butter packets for keeping my energy up when meals don't exist.
8. Big pockets in my white coat as I'm not sure how else I'd manage to keep my whole life on me at all times.  Seriously, my white coat may weight 20 pounds, but I can survive anything with it on!
7. Old handed down notes & advice.  Save time, save energy, learn from someone else's mistakes.
6. Finally being done with step 1!
5. Knowing exactly how many exams stand between me and the end of medical school: step 2, 4 shelf exams, and 1 departmental exam.
4. My immune system for keeping relatively healthy while expose it to every germ under the sun.
3. Nurses.  Particularly scrub nurses.  They repeatedly save my ass over and over again when I have no clue what I'm doing on the floor.
2. Family & friends that seem to understand why I don't have time to call them back.
1. My patients for being extraordinarily patient and generous with their time and bodies as a bright eyed and bushy tailed medical student learns from them.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments: