Sunday, October 24, 2010

In which I become a...

cat owner/parent/stereotype/lesbian/[insert something else].


Meet Lulav!

I adopted him this past week and am already so in love! While I am by nature much more of a dog person than a cat person, my life is currently not compatible with being a dog owner. I spend way too many hours at school. My apartment is small. My clinical hours next year will be way too unpredictable. (Side note: a bunch of my classmates have adopted dogs. While I am in no place to judge their decision, I would love to know HOW they are doing it.) So anyhow I compromised my needs to become a parent, or at least get over my fear of commitment, and decided that I can offer a loving home to a kitty.

It is strange to think about how much Lulav will likely see me through. Becoming an MD, going through residency, likely moving houses/cities/states a few different times, and possibly even becoming a wife and having children. It has only been a few days, but I already have such love for a such a small little creature! Plus, he helps me study: