Sunday, September 22, 2013

6 months

6 months ago I was just starting to accept the newness of a breakup from the woman I hoped to marry
Today I am still struggling to heal, but the edges aren't as ragged as they were

6 months from now (2 days ago to be exact) I will match into a residency program
Today I am patiently anxiously waiting for interview invites, and continuing to grow increasingly anxious every day

An emotional 6 months behind me and an emotional 6 months to come.  Praying that I have the strength to turn the anxiety into productive energy.  That I exercise instead of eat, that I force myself to go out instead of cowering in the corner, that I embrace the blessings to be found in uncertainty.   May the next 6 months be filled with continued healing, travel, and adventure!

No comments: