Sunday, July 8, 2012

Let the research begin!

I had a weird dream last night about applying for a research year and realizing that I was running out of time and would graduate before I had the opportunity to do it.  There was a lot of anxiety in realizing that I had missed my opportunity to do funded research before getting my MD and moving on to residency. 

Then I woke up to remember that I'm actually here, now, starting my research year!  Sub-I was successfully completed (though evaluation of exactly how successful is still pending), cross country road trip accomplished, room unpacked, first shabbos in the new home experienced.  Side note:  shabbos here felt like the promised land: beautiful weather, a nap outside on the back porch, lots of lovely people, having excellent conversations, delicious local food, everything labeled gluten free.  Tomorrow I start work!  Now I just need to figure out how exactly I'm getting there in the morning.  I also need to figure out how not to make myself look like an idiot in front of some of the smartest/best/most accomplished academic OB/GYNs in the country.  So excited to see what this year brings!

No comments: