Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Babies!

It seems that all of my non-medical school friends are having babies!  [And since the girlfriend is sick of hearing about which friend just adopted and which just announced she's pregnant again, I'm sharing the news with you, dear blog-reader.]  I'm so excited for all my friends!  I'm also excited that there are lots of little babies I get to knit for, dress up, play with, take on adventures, and give back when I get overwhelmed.

Yet, at the same time, I can't help but feel my biological clock tic away while med school keeps on keeping on.  Tic. Tic. Tic.  I know, I know, it is so cliché.  Fears of approaching advanced maternal age while still being in residency are so yesterday.  My attending already called out this week for making a snarky comment in the OR regarding man's ability to father a child well into his AARP days....  Yet, as much as this bridge has been crossed by most other professional women that have come before me, I can't help but feel my uterus scream out in disdain as I draw ever-closer to the big 3-0.  

On the bright-side, lots of friends having babies now means I should have lots of readily available babysitters when [if] my turn ever roles around? Right?

No comments: