Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why blog?

I am taking the plunge and finally joining the blog-sphere. What is that? You want to know why? Because as an activist medical student in the South I often find myself atop a soapbox, screaming until I loose my voice, with still more to say. I've been busy studying anatomy, biochemistry and physiology while fighting for queer visibility and women's rights on the side. While I have witnessed slow and steady changes around me, I realize that I have a long way to go before I am the change-agent physician that I hope to become.
I want my voice to carry further then the soapbox of my medical school community allows for. I want to empower other students to get atop their soapboxes. I want to hold firm to my ideals while being transformed into a physician activist. I want you to hold me to a promise: that I will continue to fight for justice and equality on all fronts, and for access to comprehensive and compassionate health care.

3 comments:

EmFish said...

woohoo!

Sunkist Miss said...

Yay! Excited to read your blog. Keep up the good work! :)

physician activist in training said...

Thanks for the support!